In the United States Mother's Day is a holiday celebrated annually on the second Sunday of May. Mother's Day in 2023 is on Sunday, the 14th of May in week trăng tròn. Don't forget lớn give your mother a gift, send a thẻ, take her out for dinner or buy her some nice flowers lớn show her how special she is. Read all about the traditions in the USA.
Bạn đang xem: mothers day 2023
Mother's Day is not a federal holiday but it's a day lớn celebrate motherhood and show appreciation for mothers, including (great-)grandmothers, stepmothers, foster mothers and other mother figures. The history goes way back: the modern holiday was first celebrated in 1908. Anna Marie Jarvis was the founder of this holiday in the United States.
Second Sunday of May 2023
This special day is celebrated in a lot of countries around the world. Some with different celebrations, traditions and dates. Most of them are celebrated on the second Sunday of May, lượt thích in the United States. If you are from the United Kingdom or Ireland you should know that it is celebrated on the fourth Sunday in Lent (19 March 2023). It is a different date kêu ca the USA because the date in the UK is connected lớn Easter (which changes year-to-year). And if you live in an Arab country the day will most likely be celebrated on the 21st of March.
Are Mother's Day celebrations different in various states of the USA?
This year, it will be the 109th time Mother's Day has been celebrated as a national holiday since 1914. This holiday is celebrated all over the United States, but each state might have its own unique way of celebrating.
- In Hawaii, they give mothers a lei, which is a garland made of flowers.
- In Tennessee, there is a special Mother's Day Brunch that features classic southern dishes.
- In Thành Phố New York, there is a Mother's Day Walk lớn raise money for breast cancer research, and in Texas, it is common lớn have a barbecue with family and friends.
- In Alaska, some families celebrate by taking a whale watching tour.
These are just a few examples of how different states may celebrate this day. While there may be some differences in traditions and customs, the underlying sentiment of the holiday - showing love and appreciation for mothers - remains the same across the United States.
What are the Mother's Day dates in 2023 around the world?
Did you know that this day is celebrated on different dates around the world? For example, in the United Kingdom, it's celebrated on the fourth Sunday of Lent, while in Mexico, it's celebrated on May 10th every year. If your mom or grandma lives in a country where Mother's Day is celebrated on a different date kêu ca in the USA, make sure lớn take note of that date and send your thẻ or gift in advance. You can kiểm tra the specific date for Mother's Day in their country and mark it on your calendar lớn ensure that you don't forget. Here's a list of dates in different countries for 2023:
- March 19th: UK and Ireland
- March 21st: Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and other Middle Eastern countries (celebrated on the Spring Equinox)
- May 8th: South Korea (also known as Parents' Day)
- May 10th: Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala, and other Latin American countries
- May 14th: USA, Canada, nước Australia, New Zealand, and many European countries lượt thích Germany (Muttertag 2023) and the Netherlands (Moederdag 2023)
- May 28th: Haiti (last Sunday of May)
If you're sending a thẻ or gift internationally, make sure lớn allow plenty of time for shipping. International shipping can take several weeks or even months, depending on the destination and shipping method. You can kiểm tra with your local post office or shipping company for their recommended shipping deadlines lớn make sure your gift or thẻ arrives in time.
Xem thêm: lời bài hát thùy chi que toi
Día de las Madres 2023 in Mexico
Mother's Day 2023 in Mexico is on May 10th. In Mexico, Mother's Day is called "Día de las Madres 2023." Just lượt thích in the United States it is a day lớn honor and appreciate mothers, grandmothers, and other maternal figures. Besides giving the usual gifts, such as flowers, cards, and chocolates, many families also have a special meal or go out lớn eat together lớn celebrate the occasion. Some Mexican families even throw big parties or host family gatherings lớn celebrate Mother's Day. In some Mexican regions it is customary for children lớn sing songs or perform dances for their mothers. In other regions, it is common lớn visit churches or participate in other religious ceremonies lớn honor mothers.¡Que tengas un excelente Día de las Madres hắn cuídense mucho el uno al otro!
When is Mother's Day weekend 2023?
Most commonly considered the weekend is the period between Friday evening and the kết thúc of Sunday. Therefore you can assume that the weekend in which this annual holiday is celebrated starts on Friday the 12th of May. The date changes year-to-year and just lượt thích Thanksgiving falls on the fourth Thursday of November, Mother's Day is always held on the second Sunday of May. It is not a federal or public holiday in the USA, but many organizations, schools, and government offices are closed anyway because it is on a Sunday.
What are the Mother's Day gift trends for 2023
Here is an overview of Mother's Day gift trends for mothers in 2023. The purpose of this list is lớn inspire, not lớn sell, when it comes lớn finding the perfect gift for your mother. We recommend buying local gifts whenever possible lớn tư vấn the local economy.
- Sustainable gifts: Environmental awareness is increasingly important, and sustainable gifts are popular. Consider reusable water bottles, organic skincare products, eco-friendly kitchen utensils, or recycled jewelry.
- Wellness gifts: Mothers deserve lớn be pampered, and wellness gifts are a popular choice. Think of a spa chăm sóc sức khỏe và làm đẹp day, a mas sa, a yoga subscription, or a wellness retreat. Give your mother the opportunity lớn relax and indulge in self-care.
- Personalized gifts: Gifts with a personal touch are always appreciated. Consider personalized jewelry, a customized photo frame, a personalized book, or a handwritten letter. Show your mother she's special by giving something unique and personal.
- Tech gifts: Technological gadgets are popular across all ages, ví why not consider a tech gift? Think of a smartwatch, wireless headphones, an e-reader, or a smart speaker. Choose something that fits your mother's interests and makes her daily life easier.
- Local products: Support the local economy by buying gifts from local artisans, artists, or entrepreneurs. Consider locally handmade jewelry, artisanal chocolates, locally produced wine, or local flowers. Not only will you give a unique gift, but you'll also tư vấn the local community.
- Experience gifts: Experiences are often more valuable kêu ca material gifts. Consider giving your mother an experience gift, such as a cooking class, a wine tasting, a concert ticket, or a trip. Create memories together and give her something lớn look forward lớn.
We hope this list has inspired you in finding the perfect gift for your mother in 2023. Remember lớn consider local products and tư vấn the local economy whenever possible. The most important thing is lớn show your appreciation and love lớn your mother on this special day!
Mother's day dates
Upcoming dates in the United States:
- Mother's day 2024
- Mother's day 2025
- Mother's day 2026
- Mother's day 2027
- Mother's day 2028
- Mother's day 2029
- Mother's day 2030
- Mother's day 2031
- Mother's day 2032
- Mother's day 2033
- Mother's day 2034
- Mother's day 2035
- Mother's day 2036
- Mother's day 2037
- Mother's day 2038
- Mother's day 2039